Short Inca trail to Machu Picchu – 2 days
Our 2 Day Inca trail itinerary is perfect for those who are short on time. Your 2 day hike to Machu Picchu includes a full day of trekking along the classic route, a guided tour of the citadel itself and accommodation in a hotel, rather than a tent! Your trek will take you through the cloud forest, past fascinating archaeological sites, and finishes at the Sun Gate for that much-anticipated first glimpse of Machu Picchu.
Your 2 day Inca trail will take you along the world-famous trekking route, through some of the most wonderful scenery the Sacred Valley has to offer.
See the exquisitely carved sacred site of Chachabamba.
Visit the beautiful ruin of Wiñaywinya, and admire its imposing architecture and spectacular setting.
Walk through the famous Sun Gate for that once in a lifetime first glimpse of Machu Picchu.
Marvel at magnificent Machu Picchu, one of the new seven wonders of the world.
2 Day Inca Trail Itinerary Overview:
Click through to “Tour Plan” to see the full itinerary for the Short 2 Day Inca Trail
Day 1 | Cusco to Km 104 – Aguas Calientes :
Your 2 day Inca trail begins with a private transfer to Ollantaytambo, followed by a nice train journey through the beautiful Sacred Valley to the starting point of your short Machu Picchu hike at Km 104.
From here, you truly begin your Inca trail to Machu Picchu! You will hike through the cloud forest and visit the fascinating Inca sites of Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna. You will approach Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate for that classic first glimpse, and then continue to Aguas Calientes for dinner and a well-earned night’s rest!
Day 2 | Machu – Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco:
You’ll begin the day bright and early so that you can beat the crowds to the city and enjoy the culminating point of your 2 day Inca trail: the majestic Machu Picchu! Your expert guide will take you around the key points of the site and explain their history, before allowing you to spend some free time exploring the city at your own pace.
In the afternoon, you will travel by bus and train to Ollantaytambo and then by private transfer back to Cusco, full of the wonderful memories of your once in a lifetime tour!
- We recommend you book this tour at least 3 weeks in advance.
- These prices are in private services. If you would like to join a small group , please contact us.
- Please note that due to restrictions upon the number of hikers allowed on the Inca trail per day, the reservation system requires the full passport details of each visitor, and full payment in advance. For this reason, to guarantee your place on the 2 day Inca trail, you will need to provide a scanned copy of your passport and a non-refundable deposit. You will also need to inform us of any change to your passport number, or your Entrance ticket will be invalid. We will fully confirm your reservation only once we have bought your entrance ticket and can therefore guarantee your place.
- Please also note that you will need to carry your original passport with you whilst hiking the trail.
Why book with us ?
In-depth local expertise
No middleman commissions
Friendly booking platform
Secure payment system
Comprehensive customer support
Certified Sustainable Travel Operator
Travel voucher & contact details:
You will receive an electronic voucher via e-mail once your booking is confirmed.
Book Now Pay Later
Simply pay an initial deposit per person and pay the rest later.
You must pay the balance no less than 45 days before the departure date. If booking less than 45 days before departure, you must pay in full at the time of booking.
You don’t need to miss out – JUST BOOK NOW PAY LATER!
DepartureCusco / Cusco
Departure Time7:00 am
IncludeActivities described in the itineraryMealsTour guideAccommodationEntriesTransport
Not IncludedDomestic flightsTravel InsuranceTips
Day One :CUSCO - KM 104 - INCA TRAIL - AGUAS CALIENTES
- Walking distance: 11 km.
- Walking hours: 6 - 7 hours
- Low point: 2'030 m./6'658 ft.
- High point: 2'650 m./8'692 ft.
- Accommodation altitude: 2'030 m./6'658 ft.
- Private transfer from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Train from Ollantaytambo to km. 104
- Private english-speaking guide
- Gourmet picnic lunch
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Gourmet dinner
- Hotel Tierra Viva *** in Aguas Calientes or an establishment of the same standard
Day Two : MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
- Bus to and from Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Private, English-speaking guide
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Private transfer from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in Cusco