1 Day Inca Trail | 2 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu
Want to see the magnificent Machu Picchu, however short on time? Looking for a quick but exhilarating tour? There are many different treks and tours to get to Machu Picchu. The 2 days Jungle Trek is the newest 1 day Inca trail to be discovered and therefore the least busy of the all the trails. The trek includes exhilarating downhill biking and a 10km passing through spectacular cloud forest landscapes. You will have the opportunity to spot magnificent wildlife all around you.
1 Day Inca Trail |2 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu Highlights:
1 Day Inca Trail |2 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu Jungle Trek Itinerary Overview:
Download our pdf itinerary to see the full itinerary for the Machu Picchu Jungle Trek and Inca Trail.
Day 1 | Cusco to Aguas Calientes: Depart Cusco and head to Abra Malaga where you will enjoy a downhill bike ride to Huamanmarka, an archaeological site. After this, you will enjoy lunch in Ecoterra ecolodge in the beautiful Santa Rosa area. There you will be driven to hidroelectrica where you will walk for 3 hours to Aguas Calientes and rest up before your amazing tour of Machu Picchu on the next day.
Day 2 | Machu Picchu to Cusco: Wake up early and take advantage of the sunrise of the breathtaking Machu Picchu. Our guides will give you a 2.5 hour informative tour, teaching you all about this historic site. You will then have time to yourself to explore or if you have signed up to climb Huayna Picchu, then they will take you to the start of the trek. Around lunchtime, head back to Aguas Calientes where you will have free time to wander the town, experience the hot springs, relax with a massage or check out the markets.
In the evening, you will depart Aguas Calientes by train back to Ollantaytambo followed by a tourist transfer to Cusco.
Travel voucher & contact details
You will receive an electronic voucher via e-mail once your booking is confirmed.
Book Now Pay Later
Simply pay an initial deposit per person and pay the rest later.
You don’t need to miss out – JUST BOOK NOW, PAY LATER!
Day One: CUSCO - OLLANTAYTAMBO - ABRA MALAGA - AGUAS CALIENTES
- Biking Time: Approximately 2.5 - 3 hours
- Biking Level: Easy
- Trekking time: 3 hours
- Trekking level: Easy
- Option: Guests who do not wish to bike may be transported to Santa Rosa by vehicle
- Pre-departure briefing on the day before the tour.
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1Dinner
- Accommodation: Accommodation with private bathroom in Aguas Calientes .Hotel **
- Transport: Tourist transport
- Activities: All the ones described in the itinerary accompanied by a professional tour guide
Day Two: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- Hiking Time: 2.5 hours exploring Machu Picchu and optional 2-3 strenuous hike if you choose option 3
- Hiking Level: Easy to strenuous depending on your choice
- Meals: Breakfast
- Activities: all the ones described in the itinerary accompanied by a professional tour guide
- Entrance to Machu Picchu citadel
- Train service from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Private transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Last lunch in Aguas Calientes