1 Day Inca Trail | 2 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu
Want to see the magnificent Machu Picchu but short on time? Looking for a quick but exhilarating tour? There are many different treks and tours to get to Machu Picchu. The 2 days Jungle Trek is the newest 1 day Inca trail to be discovered and therefore the least busy of the all the trails. The trek includes exhilarating downhill biking and a 10km passing through spectacular cloud forest landscapes. You will have the opportunity to spot magnificent wildlife all around you.
1 Day Inca Trail |2 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu Highlights:
- Follow in the footsteps of the Incas on a short but adrenaline-filled Jungle Trek and 1 day Inca trail.
- Journey through Peru’s mountainous terrain. Cycle and hike whilst taking in the amazing scenery and wildlife.
- Discover new Archeological Incan site of Huamanmarka.
- Experience the stunning remoteness of the Sacred Valley.
- Explore the ancient city of Machu Picchu at dawn and indulge in its amazing history
1 Day Inca Trail |2 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu Jungle Trek Itinerary Overview:
Click through to “Tour Plan” to see the full itinerary for the Machu Picchu Jungle Trek and Inca Trail.
Day 1 | Cusco to Aguas Calientes: Depart Cusco and head to Abra Malaga where you will enjoy a downhill bike ride to Huamanmarka, an archeological site. After this, you will enjoy lunch in Ecoterra ecolodge in the beautiful Santa Rosa area. There you will be driven to hidroelectrica where you will walk for 3 hours to Aguas Calientes and rest up before your amazing tour of Machu Picchu on the next day.
Day 2 | Machu Picchu to Cusco: Wake up early and take advantage of the sunrise of the breathtaking Machu Picchu. Our guides will give you a 2.5 hour informative tour, teaching you all about this historic site. You will then have time to yourself to explore or if you have signed up to climb Huayna Picchu then they will take you to the start of the trek. Around lunchtime head back to Aguas Calientes and decide from three options for your return to Cusco.
Are you looking for more Inca trails to to Machu Picchu ? click here
We recommend you book this tour at least 1 week in advance
Travel voucher & contact details:
You will receive an electronic voucher via e-mail once your booking is confirmed.
Don’t Miss Out: Book Now, Pay Later!
Simply pay an initial deposit and pay the rest later.
DepartureCusco - Peru
Departure Time6:30 am
IncludeTransportEntriesAccommodationTour guideMealsActivities described in the itinerary
Not IncludedDomestic flightsTravel InsuranceTips
Day One: CUSCO - OLLANTAYTAMBO - ABRA MALAGA - AGUAS CALIENTES
- Biking Time: Approximately 2.5 - 3 hours
- Biking Level: Easy
- Trekking time: 3 hours
- Trekking level: Easy
- Option: Guests who do not wish to bike may be transported to Santa Rosa by vehicle
- Meals: B, L, D
- Accommodation: Hostel with private bathroom in Aguas Calientes
- Transport: Tourist transport
- Activities: All the ones described in the itinerary accompanied by a professional tour guide
Day Two: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- Hiking Time: 2.5 hours exploring Machu Picchu and optional 2-3 strenuous hike if you choose option 3
- Hiking Level: Easy to strenuous depending on your choice
- Meals: B
- Activities: all the ones described in the itinerary accompanied by a professional tour guide
- Entrance to Machu Picchu citadel
- Train service from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (added extra)
- Private transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco (added extra)