Fully Experience Local Life on Lake Titicaca
Navigate the largest lake in South America and experience local life on this unforgettable Lake Titicaca tour from Puno. Visit unique communities filled with important ancient traditions that are still practised today. Become part of a fascinating rural village when you take your place as a member of a new local family. Experience an everyday Quechua life as you walk through this enchanting setting, mingling with the local inhabitants. Learn about beautiful textiles and after a light trek, take in views of the stunning lake and agricultural terraces that surround you.
Lake Titicaca Tour from Puno to Experience Local Life – Highlights:
Gain an exclusive, firsthand look at local life when you embark on this spectacular Lake Titicaca tour from Puno.
• Navigate the waters of the expansive Lake Titicaca, feeling its refreshing breeze and enjoying the deep blue water and sky.
• Experience community-based tourism with a homestay in the rural village of Llachón.
• Walk through this delightful village and enrich your knowledge of the local people and their ancient traditions.
• Rise to the top of Cerro Carus, where you can admire all the beauty of the fascinating views of Lake Titicaca.
Local Life on Lake Titicaca Tour from Puno – Itinerary Overview:
Please see the “Tour Plan” tab for the the full itinerary for the Local Life on Lake Titicaca Tour from Puno.
Day 1 | Puno to Lake Titicaca: Venture on this remarkable Lake Titicaca tour from Puno. After arriving at the lake, you’ll have the opportunity to visit Uros. Travel on to Llachón where Quechua Peruvians still practice a traditional lifestyle. Here, you will experience a local meal and have the chance to shop handmade Peruvian textiles before a comfortable homestay.
Day 2 | Lake Titicaca to Puno: After an indigenous breakfast, embark on a short hike to Cerro Carus for tremendous views of the lakeshore and agricultural terraces. In the afternoon, you’ll have the chance to sail over the world’s highest navigable lake on a local fisherman’s boat before returning back to Puno.
We recommend you book the Local Life on Lake Titicaca Tour from Puno at least 3 weeks in advance.
Why book with us?
In-depth local expertise
No middleman commissions
Friendly booking platform
Secure payment system
Comprehensive customer support
Certified Sustainable Travel Operator
Travel voucher & contact details:
You will receive an electronic voucher via e-mail once your booking is confirmed.
Book Now Pay Later
Simply pay an initial deposit per person and pay the rest later.
You must pay the balance no less than 45 days before the departure date. If booking less than 45 days before departure, you must pay in full at the time of booking.
You don’t need to miss out – JUST BOOK NOW PAY LATER!
DeparturePuno / Puno
Departure Time7:30 am
Return Time5:00 pm
IncludeActivities described in the itineraryMealsTour guideAccommodationEntriesTransport
Not IncludedDomestic flightsTravel InsuranceTips
Day One: A warm welcome to Lake TIticaca
- Transfer from accommodation in Puno to the port
- Visit Uros Island in private service
- Transfer from Uros to Llachon community
- 1B, 1L, 1D
- Overnight with a local family. You will have your own bedroom.
- Local activities like fishing with sail boat, hiking and weaving with your host family.
- Kayak available as a optional activity (3 hours ) - US$70.00 per person
Day Two: Hike to Cerro Carus for uninterrupted lake views
- Private boat to Taquile or return to Puno
- Visit Taquile Islands or do more activities in Llachon
- Private tour guide (English-speaking guide)
- 1B, 1L, 1D
- Transfer back to Puno
Pie experiences reviews and Score Breakdown
Your opinion is important to us! Here at pie experiences we greatly value your feedback, because thanks to your comments we can create more fascinating itineraries and confirm that we are doing an excellent job. Many of our clients also choose to post handy tips and advice about their travels. It’s great to know what to expect on a pie experiences tour before you go, so thank you for sharing your experience!