Rainbow Mountain Tour in Cusco | Private Tour
The rainbow mountain tour, is quite simply, a breathtaking, natural wonder. Our one-day trek, to the peak, known to the locals as Vinicunca, begins and ends in Cusco. Throughout the day, you’ll encounter glaciers, snowcapped mountains, pristine rivers and lakes. Your trip culminates in the literal high point of your trek, the summit of mystical Rainbow Mountain. You’ll eat your gourmet lunch amongst the spectacular scenery, with herds of alpaca roaming this magnificent landscape, dotted with quaint villages. Book a private tour online now to conquer one of Cusco’s most challenging yet highly rewarding hikes.
Rainbow Mountain Tour Highlights
- The rainbow mountain tour is physically challenging yet deeply gratifying
- Reaching the top of the famed Seven-Colored Mountain, for the breathtaking view
- Getting a 360-degree view of the painted landscape and magnificent Ausangate Glacier, the highest mountain in the Cusco region
- A full, activate day with nutritious, gourmet meals to keep your fuel levels up
- Witnessing firsthand the stunning beauty and pristine culture alive in the local communities
Rainbow Mountain Tour – Itinerary Overview
The rainbow mountain tour starts with a 3 AM pick up from your accommodation. From there, we begin the three-hour drive to the start off the trek. Prior to commencing the trek, we’ll enjoy a light, nutritious breakfast in a local community. Afterwards, we set off, walking for around three-hours. Depending on your level, our highly knowledgeable tour guides allow you to set your own pace. Along the route, we’ll pass through lust green valleys, encountering quaint adobe houses and bountiful local wildlife.
Thereafter, you’ll reach the summit of stunning Rainbow Mountain. You’ll have amble time to take in the stunning landscape, relax, as well as taking some beautiful photos of this natural wonder. Thereupon, we start the descent, navigating through the safest yet most sceanic routes. Along the way, your guide will find a perfect spot to enjoy your richly deserved, delicious gourmet boxed-lunch. We employ local, gourmet chefs to create all our meals, using only the finest products. Finally, we will drive back to Cusco, returning you, invigorated, back to your accommodation around 6 PM.
We invite to read our article about Rainbow Mountain
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR
- This tour involves at least 4 hours of trekking, so you should be reasonably fit to partake.
- Rainbow Mountain sits at 5,200 meters. It is essential that you spend some time in Cusco getting acclimated, before going on this trek.
- If the altitude gets the better of you, horses are available to rent for 80 Soles to reach the top of Rainbow Mountain.
- We supply hiking poles, oxigen tanks (if needed) as well as blankets. However it’s important to bring along the essentials such as extra water, hiking boots and warm, rain-proof trekking apparel. Coca leaves or medication, to ward off the altitude impact, is also advisable.
- Unlike many tour operators, we pay our guides very equitable packages. They do not work simply on commission, unlike the vast majority of guides. Therefore, only hugely experienced and professional guides are amongst our ranks. Your safety and comfort is their utmost concern.
- As the ecosystem in Peru is of huge importance, we don’t run the tour from January to March. Also, in general, if the weather is unsuitable, we don’t conduct the tour. We prefer to wait until there are optimum conditions, so you can have the best tour possible.
Departure Time3:00 am
Return Time6:00 pm
IncludeTransportEntriesTour guideMealsActivities described in the itinerary
Not IncludedDomestic flightsAccommodationTravel InsuranceTips