Sacred Valley day trip & Weaving Experience
The Sacred Valley day trip is a fascinating insight into ancient Inca tradition and customs. You have the chance to partake in this unique experience. Try your hand at the ancient Inca art of weaving and be regaled by their fables. Visit colourful markets and then indulge in delicious local, organic food. Book online now to experience this magnificent day trip.
- The Sacred Valley day trip is a unique insight into the tradition and culture of the ancient Incas
- You will experience, hands on, archaic wool dyeing and weaving techniques passed on from ancient generations
- Visit local, vibrant villages and markets that capture the essence of the Inca culture
- Taste the local, organic cuisine, prepared at a local community restaurant
Sacred Valley Day Trip & Weaving Experience- Overview Itinerary
You will be picked up from your accommodation at 7:00 am, to start your Sacred Valley day trip. First of all, after a short drive through the beautiful region, you arrive at the Patabamba Community. Then you also will visit an amazing viewpoint of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
You will return to the community, collecting and foraging local plants along the way. Furthermore, they use local plants in the traditional weaving process and also dyeing the alpaca wool.
Thereafter, you will go with your guide to the charming village of Pisac. Here you will visit a famed archaeological site as well as a vibrant, colourful market.
Afterwards you will head to a local restaurant run by a Quechua-speaking community. The service is top quality and the locals cook typical, organic dishes and also international cuisine. You will eat a delicious and local feast here. (Parwa Community restaurant). http://www.parwarestaurante.com/en/restaurant.html
After eating your fill lunch at the Parwa restaurant, you will head towards the impressive Inca fortress Ollantaytambo. You will explore this unique Inca village, its surroundings and learn a little more about the all-conquering Incas.
Finally, you’ll finish off the day returning to Cusco, full of knowledge and delicious Inca food!
Why book with us ?
*In-depth local expertise
*No middleman commissions
*Friendly booking platform
*Secure payment system
*Comprehensive customer support
* Sustainable Travel Operator
Travel voucher & contact details:
You will receive an electronic voucher via e-mail once your booking is confirmed.
Zero Change Fees Policy:
If after your booking has been confirmed , you wish reschedule your trip to an alternate departure date , you may do so subject to availability.If the change is requested 30 days or more prior to the original trip departure , no change fees will be charged. Zero change fees also do not apply for Classic Inca trail 4 days or Inca Trail 2 days.
Book Now Pay Later
Simply pay an initial deposit per person and pay the rest later.
You must pay the balance no less than 45 days before the departure date. If booking less than 45 days before departure, you must pay in full at the time of booking.
You don’t need to miss out – JUST BOOK NOW PAY LATER!
DepartureCusco / Cusco
Return Time6:00 pm
IncludeTransportEntriesAccommodationTour guideMealsActivities described in the itinerary
Not IncludedDomestic flightsTravel InsuranceTips
Day One : CUSCO - PATABAMBA COMMUNITY
- Upon returning to the community, your cultural lessons can truly begin. You learn all about the uses of the plants and the minerals for dyeing the wool. Here you will be taught the ancient art of weaving looms containing ancestral knowledge and fables. Therefore, you will also learn the important meaning of the artwork upon the intricate textiles. Their stories will resonate and give you a glimpse into their mystical past, love of nature and fear as well as reverence of the unknown. Your respect for pachamama will only grow!
- Meals: L
- Transport: Tourist transport
- Activities: All the ones described in the itinerary accompanied by a professional english & quechua speaking tour guide
- Entrances to Pisac & Ollantaytambo ruins